Responsive Reading: Psalm 102
1 Hear my prayer, Lord;
let my cry for help come to you.
2 Do not hide your face from me
when I am in distress.
Turn your ear to me;
when I call, answer me quickly.
3 For my days vanish like smoke;
my bones burn like glowing embers.
4 My heart is blighted and withered like grass;
I forget to eat my food.
5 In my distress I groan aloud
and am reduced to skin and bones.
6 I am like a desert owl,
like an owl among the ruins.
7 I lie awake; I have become
like a bird alone on a roof.
8 All day long my enemies taunt me;
those who rail against me use my name as a curse.
9 For I eat ashes as my food
and mingle my drink with tears
10 because of your great wrath,
for you have taken me up and thrown me aside.
11 My days are like the evening shadow;
I wither away like grass.
12 But you, Lord, sit enthroned forever;
your renown endures through all generations.
13 You will arise and have compassion on Zion,
for it is time to show favor to her;
the appointed time has come.
14 For her stones are dear to your servants;
her very dust moves them to pity.
15 The nations will fear the name of the Lord,
all the kings of the earth will revere your glory.
16 For the Lord will rebuild Zion
and appear in his glory.
17 He will respond to the prayer of the destitute;
he will not despise their plea.
18 Let this be written for a future generation,
that a people not yet created may praise the Lord:
19 “The Lord looked down from his sanctuary on high,
from heaven he viewed the earth,
20 to hear the groans of the prisoners
and release those condemned to death.”
21 So the name of the Lord will be declared in Zion
and his praise in Jerusalem
22 when the peoples and the kingdoms
assemble to worship the Lord.
23 In the course of my life he broke my strength;
he cut short my days.
24 So I said:
“Do not take me away, my God, in the midst of my days;
your years go on through all generations.
25 In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.
26 They will perish, but you remain;
they will all wear out like a garment.
Like clothing you will change them
and they will be discarded.
27 But you remain the same,
and your years will never end.
28 The children of your servants will live in your presence;
their descendants will be established before you.”
Title: Longing for God
Speaker: Rev Moussa
Bible Passage: Psalm 42
- Warmly welcome any new comer who joins our service today. Please leave your contact with us so that we can keep you posted on ongoing and upcoming events. You are encouraged to join our virtual fellowship meeting after the service. Details will be given out in chat area.
- Mercy Methodist Church Building Purchase and Renovation: Praise God for the permanent and own building of MMC in Queensland. Now that they have completed the purchase of the building, they need further support for renovation. Please help generously in this important milestone of this MMC journey in serving God and the community. Donations can be sent to Account Name – Mercy Methodist Church, BSB 484 799, Account Number 609 503 161, Reference “Building Fund”. Contact sister Ik Ling for more details.
- Adult Sunday School in Chinese (Online) (25/7; 1, 8, 22/8 8:30-10:30PM)：Theme: New Testament Introduction. Lecturer: Bishop Dr Albert Wong. These lectures will cover all books in the New Testament, their themes, outline, and characteristics. They will also cover the ways of applying the teachings in our ministries and services as a Christian. You can register at ：https://forms.gle/nusYBUteWz79prCx9
- Seminar on Mission from CMCA Board of Mission (Online in Chinese) (7/8 10AM – 12:30PM) Theme: The new trends of missions in the 21st century. Registration at https://cmca.org.au/2021webinar
- 2021 Family Discipleship Seminar (10-12/9 Register NOW)：What is God’s purpose for marriage? What is God’s purpose for family? Can every individual or family be a gospel-centred, Christ-centred, and God-glorifying person for God? And how does that look like? We will try to answer some of these questions … To find out the answers, please come and join this online seminar. Theme: God’s Kingdom Blessings: The Gospel and the Family. Speakers: Rev Dr Moses Tey and Cathy Tey. Registration details: http://cmcsydney.org.au/chin/index.php/2021/07/15/2021-family-discipleship-seminar/ Dr Moses is a much sought-after speaker on building up the Church of God. (https://d6malaysia.com/rev-moses-tey-cathy-yang/) “Moses Tey’s calling and passion is equipping church leaders through intensive biblical exploration of how God builds His church that spans from Genesis 1 to Revelations 22. The end result is a comprehensive framework of how God structures His church.”
- Mid-Autumn Festival Evangelistic Night (18/9 7-9PM)： This will be a Chinese event celebrating the gospel during the mid-autumn festival. Programme includes snack, choir, short drama, choir singing, and of course gospel sharing (by Rev 邵海东). Please invite your family and friends to join. The prayer team led by brother Johnny Ma (马月) and sister 陈昱 will earnestly pray for them and the event.
- Church 30th Anniversary – Banquet (13/11) Place: St George League Club 龙景轩. Cost: Adult $60 Child (age 3-12) $30. Due to restrictions, we can only accommodate 200 people in the banquet. Please register early so that you won’t miss this fun and enjoyable milestone celebration of our church. Tickets will be available in August. Please pay in cash or cheque for the tickets.
- Search for the pastor for English service：Please continue to pray for God to bring in the pastor He calls for our English congregation.
|ACCOUNT NAME:||Carlton Methodist Church (NSW) Inc|
|Note:||Please indicate details of your donations and how you would like to be identified on the notice board|