Our Fellowship Groups
(CURRENTLY MEETING IN ZOOM. CONTACT GROUP LEADERS FOR CONNECTION DETAILS)
|REEF Group (for high school students)||Friday night 7:15pm|
|CORE Group (for university students and young workers)||Wednesday night: 7:30pm|
|ECG (for adults and others)||Wednesday fortnightly: 7:30pm|
In-Person Meetings Resumes on 7/11/2021
The policies adopted by CMC on combating COVID-19 follow the regulations and recommendations of the NSW government.
Please observe the following arrangements when meeting in-person::
- CMC welcomes everybody in the congregations to participate Sunday services and gatherings in-person at the conclusion of the lockdown. This welcome is extended to anyone regardless you are fully vaccinated. Our intention has always been including all brothers and sisters in Christ. In His love we will accept and minister to each other in this spiritual journey;
- CMC endorses the State government’s recommendation of receiving the COVID vaccine. Unless you have sound medical reasons or special considerations, we encourage our congregations to get vaccinated as recommend by the government whose authority has been established by Christ. We believe the vaccine serves good both to ourselves and other people;
- When you come in to church for gathering, it is mandatory that you put on a face mask, observe social distancing and no singing;
- It is also mandatory for everyone to register your entrance by scanning the QR code. This will help the authority to track and communicate with people when necessary.
We will review the arrangement as the government provides more guidance.
- Warmly welcome any new comer who joins our service today. Please leave your contact with us so that we can keep you posted on ongoing and upcoming events. You are encouraged to join our virtual fellowship meeting after the service. Details will be given out in chat area.
- Pastor for the English Congregation: Our search for the pastor has ended with this great provision from God! Pastor Philip Ng will start his service at CMC from 18 Oct. Please join us in welcoming Pastor Philip and introduce yourself to him when you have a chance.
- Baptism ceremony (25/12): If you have accepted Christ but not baptised yet, please register for this ceremony now so that we can include you in the baptism class. This is also a great opportunity to join the CMC membership formally.
- 30th Anniversary Banquet: due to the restrictions on restaurants, we will not be able to accommodate everyone who would like to attend the banquet. With regret, we will cancel the banquet for the occasion.
- 2021 Annual General Meeting – Members Only (17/10/2021 12:45PM): This year the AGM will be held online. Please join us in this important event to plan for the future of CMC. Zoom meeting details will be sent out to members individually soon.
- 2021 CMC Mission Seminar (6/11/2021 7-9:00PM): This is the first seminar on missions our church holds. Please come along to this important seminar so that our hearts will be united across CMC to commit to this ministry commanded by our Lord. We are much blessed with our speaker Dr Jason Lim. Dr Lim currently is a scholar at Malaysia Bible Seminary (https://cd.mbs.org.my/seminary-organisation). He earned the Master of Theology (New Testament) at Westminster Theology Seminary, USA and the PhD (New Testament) at University of Sheffield, UK. His giftedness has been demonstrated in a long history of missionary work in Europe and Malaysia. He also authors a number of books and commentaries. Apart from supporting these missions in prayer, please also support financially to help the ministry to raise fund for $70,000.
- In-person Sunday Services (7/11/2021): Thank God that we can slowly come out of the lockdown and resume in-person gatherings. What a wonderful occasion to share the communion on this day! Please prepare a thankful heart and join us to celebrate all of God’s grace showering upon us.
|ACCOUNT NAME:||Carlton Methodist Church (NSW) Inc|
|Note:||Please indicate details of your donations and how you would like to be identified on the notice board|
Responsive Reading: Psalm 113
1 Praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord, you his servants;
praise the name of the Lord.
2 Let the name of the Lord be praised,
both now and forevermore.
3 From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,
the name of the Lord is to be praised.
4 The Lord is exalted over all the nations,
his glory above the heavens.
5 Who is like the Lord our God,
the One who sits enthroned on high,
6 who stoops down to look
on the heavens and the earth?
7 He raises the poor from the dust
and lifts the needy from the ash heap;
8 he seats them with princes,
with the princes of his people.
9 He settles the childless woman in her home
as a happy mother of children.
Praise the Lord.
Title: A Call to Freedom
Speaker: Rev Dr Xavier
Bible Passage: Galatians 5:1-26