Our Fellowship Groups
|REEF Group (for high school students)||Friday night 7:15pm|
|CORE Group (for university students and young workers)||Wednesday night: 7:30pm|
|ECG (for adults and others)||Wednesday fortnightly: 7:30pm|
- Warmly welcome any newcomer who joins our service today. Please fill in the Newcomer card so that we can keep in touch with you.
- Mission Seminar (1:30PM 10/07 in-person and Zoom) – Dr Gregg Okesson from Asbury Theological Seminary, USA will be conducting a seminar at church. Topic is ‘Understanding the Holistic Mission of the Church’. This is a rare opportunity to hear directly from this world-renown writer and practitioner of missiology. Dr. Okesson is currently the Provost and Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs of the Asbury Theological Seminary (https://asburyseminary.edu/faculty/gregg-okesson/). Please come along the English service and stay for the seminar afterwards. The seminar will also be broadcasted in Zoom: ID 814 7295 3496, Passcode 383711
- Japan Digital Mission Trip – English (9-13/07 Online) – Please keep the team and the attendees in Japan in prayer as they meet and share Australian culture in this digital setting. As much as the team seeks for smooth running of the event, they also need the wisdom from God to bring out His gospel message to His creation in Japan.
- Pastor Philip on leave (22/06 to 7/07) – Please keep him in prayer as he recharges and renews his strength in the Lord. Contact either Rev Tang or sister Betsy for any urgent pastoral matters during this time.
- Bible Quiz (30/07 Sat 7:30PM) – Praise the Lord that we can conduct the quiz this year. Join a fellowship group now if you have not done so to participate in this fun event. The Quiz will be on the book of Exodus.
- CMC Coffee Club (NOW OPEN 10:15AM Sunday): Come early to enjoy fellowship with others over a cup of coffee or espresso. Put in your order early before the coffee bar closes at 10:50AM.
- Ministries at CMC: Come join us and have fellowship
|ACCOUNT NAME:||Carlton Methodist Church (NSW) Inc|
|Note:||Please indicate details of your donations and how you would like to be identified on the notice board|
Responsive Reading: Psalm 143
A psalm of David.
1 Lord, hear my prayer,
listen to my cry for mercy;
in your faithfulness and righteousness
come to my relief.
2 Do not bring your servant into judgment,
for no one living is righteous before you.
3 The enemy pursues me,
he crushes me to the ground;
he makes me dwell in the darkness
like those long dead.
4 So my spirit grows faint within me;
my heart within me is dismayed.
5 I remember the days of long ago;
I meditate on all your works
and consider what your hands have done.
6 I spread out my hands to you;
I thirst for you like a parched land.
7 Answer me quickly, Lord;
my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I entrust my life.
9 Rescue me from my enemies, Lord,
for I hide myself in you.
10 Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.
11 For your name’s sake, Lord, preserve my life;
in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.
12 In your unfailing love, silence my enemies;
destroy all my foes,
for I am your servant.
Title: Exodus 19-24
Speaker: Rev. Moussa Ghazal
Bible Passage: Exodus 19-24