Our Fellowship Groups
(CURRENTLY MEETING IN ZOOM. CONTACT GROUP LEADERS FOR CONNECTION DETAILS)
|REEF Group (for high school students)||Friday night 7:15pm|
|CORE Group (for university students and young workers)||Wednesday night: 7:30pm|
|ECG (for adults and others)||Wednesday fortnightly: 7:30pm|
on In-Person Meetings after Lockdown
The policies adopted by CMC on combating COVID-19 follow the regulations and recommendations of the NSW government.
The government announced that the State will start to reopen once we reach the 70% people double vaccination target. For churches and places of worship, we can meet in person, subject to 1 person per 4sqm rule, with no singing. In transitioning from the lockdown, the NSW government has not made any clear rules for religious bodies and communities if everyone is not fully vaccinated. Under this uncertainty, the LCEC at CMC has decided the following arrangements after careful consideration:
- CMC welcomes everybody in the congregations to participate Sunday services and gatherings in-person at the conclusion of the lockdown. This welcome is extended to anyone regardless you are fully vaccinated. Our intention has always been including all brothers and sisters in Christ. In His love we will accept and minister to each other in this spiritual journey;
- CMC endorses the State government’s recommendation of receiving the COVID vaccine. Unless you have sound medical reasons or special considerations, we encourage our congregations to get vaccinated as recommend by the government whose authority has been established by Christ. We believe the vaccine serves good both to ourselves and other people;
- When you come in to church for gathering, it is mandatory that you put on a face mask, observe social distancing and no singing;
- It is also mandatory for everyone to register your entrance by scanning the QR code. This will help the authority to track and communicate with people when necessary.
We will review the arrangement as the government provides more guidance.
- Warmly welcome any new comer who joins our service today. Please leave your contact with us so that we can keep you posted on ongoing and upcoming events. You are encouraged to join our virtual fellowship meeting after the service. Details will be given out in chat area.
- Important reminder: Please refrain from parking in our neighbours’ private properties or blocking their driveways. Being a good neighbour to them is a witness of our love and concern to them as a Christian.
- Daylight Saving (begins at 3/10 2AM): Daylight saving is kicking in on the 3/10 (next Sunday.) Please remember to advance your watch / clock by 1 hour (eg 7AM -> 8AM) before you go to bed on 2/10.
- Baptism ceremony: If you have accepted Christ but not baptised yet, please register for this ceremony now so that we can include you in the baptism class.
- Photos for the 30th Anniversary Magazine: We would like to publish photos of our Sunday school in the magazine. If you have any concern of your children’s photos published this way, please contact sister Sun Wei immediately.
- Certificate in Christian Leadership & Ministry (4/10 – 8/11): Course – Christian Worship. Teacher – Rev Shirley Ling. Course Description – To look at Christian Worship from biblical, theological, and historical point of view. To explore spiritual formation in worship through the order of service and church calendar year. Classes – 6 days of each 2.5 hours. Dates – 4, 11, 18, 25/10, 1, 8/11. Register at https://forms.gle/RgySxgsBihPNsZB78.
- 2021 Annual General Meeting (17/10/2021 12:45PM): This year the AGM will be held online. Please join us in this important event to plan for the future of CMC
- 2021 CMC Mission Seminar (6/11/2021 7-9:00PM): This is the first seminar on missions our church holds. Please come along to this important seminar so that our hearts will be united across CMC to commit to this ministry commanded by our Lord. We are much blessed with our speaker Dr Jason Lim. Dr Lim currently is a scholar at Malaysia Bible Seminary (https://cd.mbs.org.my/seminary-organisation). He earned the Master of Theology (New Testament) at Westminster Theology Seminary, USA and the PhD (New Testament) at University of Sheffield, UK. His giftedness has been demonstrated in a long history of missionary work in Europe and Malaysia. He also authors a number of books and commentaries.
|ACCOUNT NAME:||Carlton Methodist Church (NSW) Inc|
|Note:||Please indicate details of your donations and how you would like to be identified on the notice board|
Responsive Reading: Psalm 110
Of David. A psalm.
1 The Lord says to my lord:
“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet.”
2 The Lord will extend your mighty scepter from Zion, saying,
“Rule in the midst of your enemies!”
3 Your troops will be willing
on your day of battle.
Arrayed in holy splendor,
your young men will come to you
like dew from the morning’s womb.
4 The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind:
“You are a priest forever,
in the order of Melchizedek.”
5 The Lord is at your right hand;
he will crush kings on the day of his wrath.
6 He will judge the nations, heaping up the dead
and crushing the rulers of the whole earth.
7 He will drink from a brook along the way,
and so he will lift his head high.
Title: Living in COVID Uncertainty
Speaker: Ps Philip Ng
Bible Passage: Jas 4:13-16