English Sunday Service 11:00AM – 12:15AM
1 The wicked flee though no one pursues,
but the righteous are as bold as a lion.
2 When a country is rebellious, it has many rulers,
but a ruler with discernment and knowledge maintains order.
3 A ruler who oppresses the poor
is like a driving rain that leaves no crops.
4 Those who forsake instruction praise the wicked,
but those who heed it resist them.
5 Evildoers do not understand what is right,
but those who seek the Lord understand it fully.
6 Better the poor whose walk is blameless
than the rich whose ways are perverse.
7 A discerning son heeds instruction,
but a companion of gluttons disgraces his father.
8 Whoever increases wealth by taking interest or profit from the poor
amasses it for another, who will be kind to the poor.
9 If anyone turns a deaf ear to my instruction,
even their prayers are detestable.
10 Whoever leads the upright along an evil path
will fall into their own trap,
but the blameless will receive a good inheritance.
11 The rich are wise in their own eyes;
one who is poor and discerning sees how deluded they are.
12 When the righteous triumph, there is great elation;
but when the wicked rise to power, people go into hiding.
13 Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper,
but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.
14 Blessed is the one who always trembles before God,
but whoever hardens their heart falls into trouble.
Title: Advent 2 – Davidic Covenant
Speaker: Ps Philip Ng
Bible Passage: 2 Samuel 7
Our Fellowship Groups
|REEF Group (for high school students)||Friday night 7:15pm|
|CORE Group (for university students and young workers)||Wednesday night: 7:30pm|
|ECG (for adults and others)||Wednesday fortnightly: 7:30pm|
- Warmly welcome any newcomer who joins our service today. Please fill in the Newcomer card so that we can keep in touch with you.
- Christmas Evangelistic night (9 Dec Sat in Mandarin):
Theme – 为爱降生
Speaker – 田宏恩博士牧师
BBQ will start at 5:45PM, followed by the main program at 7PM. Please bring along your friends to join us in celebrating the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ.
- Sunday School End of Year Lunch (10 Dec Sunday):
- Christmas Picnic (16 Dec Saturday): Without our notice, Christmas is fast approaching. We are organizing a picnic a week before Christmas Day to relax and enjoy fellowship together. This is also an outreaching event for you to bring along your family and friends to share the joy of celebrating the birth of our Saviour Jesus.
- Christmas Hamper (17 Dec Saturday): We will continue to distribute hampers to our neighbours to share our joy of celebrating the birth of our Saviour Jesus. We are targetting for 30 hampers this year and would like to invite you to prepare and contribute a hamper. Each hamper will contain non-perishable items such as chocolates, Danish biscuits, and other thoughtful Christmas gifts. We kindly request that the value of each hamper does not exceed $25.
- By November 26: Please inform either Justin Wong (0415455128) or Sylvia Ting (0417542485) of the number of hampers you would like to contribute.
- December 3 or 10: Deliver your beautifully wrapped hampers to the church.
- December 17: Distribution of hampers.
- CMC Coffee Club (NOW OPEN 10:15AM Sunday): Come early to enjoy fellowship with others over a cup of coffee or espresso. Put in your order early before the coffee bar closes at 10:50AM.
- Ministries at CMC: Come join us and have fellowship
|ACCOUNT NAME:||Carlton Methodist Church (NSW) Inc|
|Note:||Reference = E-Anon|